Wurster Hall Audiovisual Equipment Manager
103 Wurster Hall
CED’s audiovisual resources team provides AV equipment and services for Wurster Hall faculty, staff, and students for classroom presentations, evening lectures, conferences, and special events. We are located in 103 Wurster Hall. Please call or email Joe Gouig or stop by the office to talk to Joe or one of the AV work-study students if you need assistance; if our door is closed, please check the white status board next to the door. Often, we are somewhere nearby and will return soon.
AV in the Classroom
Rooms 101, 102, 112, and 270 in Wurster Hall are equipped with complete audiovisual systems. Please contact AV resources staff in advance if you need to use the systems so that the equipment can be unlocked and made available for use. All other classroom spaces in Wurster Hall are (or soon will be) equipped with a digital projector that can be connected to a laptop computer.
Equipment Available for Check-out
- Digital projectors
- Projection screens
- Laptop computers (PC) (software includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Digital video camcorders (includes battery, charger, and tripod)
- Digital audio recorders
- Video playback systems (VHS, Hi-8, S-VHS) (includes videotape player, monitor, and rolling cart)
- Digital cameras
- Overhead projectors for acetate transparencies
- 35mm slide projectors and accessories (wireless remote, additional carousel slide trays, cable extensions)
- Portable lighting equipment
- Basic tools (hammers, pliers, screwdrivers)
- Carts and hand trucks
- Bolt cutters
- Cleaning supplies (brooms, sponges, cleansers, etc.)
We also always have a few spare umbrellas and corkscrews!
Along with AV equipment set-up and use, CED’s audiovisual team can help you with:
- Video recording
- Video duplication (all formats and standards, including VHS, S-VHS, 8mm, Hi-8, Betacam, Mini-DV, and DV-CAM)
- Skype communication/conferencing
- Accessing/using the fifth-floor photo studio
- Obtaining temporary storage in Wurster Hall
- Moving tables, chairs, room dividers, etc.