Please use the pre-order/purchasing request form for ordering and pre-ordering items and services, including:
- Campus services (e.g., Physical Plant, CNS, etc.)
- Purchase requisitions (including supplies)
Required Items/Backup: You will need to provide the following:
- Vendor documentation (e.g., quotes, emails, or links)
- LVPO (Low-value purchase orders) are for items $4,999.99 and under. If it is over, please contact the financial services unit directly to discuss (see below).
- Backup for BluCard purchases must be received by the financial services unit within three days of purchase in order to meet campus accounting guidelines.
- BluCard purchase backup needs to include packing slip with the name of the person accepting the shipment (printed) and the date received noted on the paperwork.
- Business purpose description
- Signature verification
- Appropriate departmental authorization
The University maintains contracts with a number of outside vendors that allow departments to purchase services and supplies above the $4,999 limit on a LVPO. To see the current list of vendor agreements, visit http://www.ucop.edu/matmgt/ppp/.
If you are requiring the purchase be made from a specific vendor, you will need to provide a sole source letter. Contact the financial services unit for specifics of a sole source memo.
BluCard purchases have their own set of policies and procedures. The campus link is below: http://businessservices.berkeley.edu/cards/bluecard.
Return a hard copy of the completed form to your department for authorization. After the form has received the appropriate authorizations, it will be routed to the financial services unit.