General reimbursements are defined as reimbursement of non-travel, non-entertainment, out-of-pocket expenses, and honoraria. General reimbursements include:
- Supplies, books
- After-the-fact purchases
- Direct vouchers (includes memberships, subscriptions)
There are very specific rules which govern the usage of honoraria. Guidelines can be found at the following website: http://controller.berkeley.edu/disbursements/FAQ/HonorariaGuidelines.htm.
If requesting a reimbursement, you will need to fill out a non-travel expense reimbursement form and provide the following:
- Original receipts (such as cancelled check, credit card statement, store receipt, or cash receipt)
- Honorarium needs to include a letter of invitation with the dates of service and amount
- After-the-fact purchases need to include invoices
- Business purpose description
- Signature verification
- Appropriate departmental authorization
Return a hard copy of the completed form to your department for authorization. After the form has received the appropriate authorizations, it will be routed to the financial unit.