Injury Reporting and Workers' Compensation
- Emergency Care (serious injury threatening to life or limb)
Dial 911 or (510) 642-3333 for campus police
Note: Emergency 911 calls from cell phones are initially routed away from campus and result in longer response time. If using a cell phone to report a campus emergency, call campus police instead: (510) 642-3333.
- Acute Care (non-emergency)
Tang Center Urgent Care Clinic, 2222 Bancroft Way, (510) 642-3188
If medical care is needed for an employee after clinic hours, please direct the employee to Alta Bates Medical Center's Emergency Room at 2450 Ashby Avenue, Berkeley, or the emergency facility of his or her personal health plan.
- Workers' Compensation
UC Berkeley Health and Welfare Benefits
- See Benefits for Berkeley Employees for information for career/academic staff regarding how to enroll in benefits at UC Berkeley.
- UC system-wide information on human resources and benefits for UC employees can be found at the At Your Service website.
- The Tang Center is part of University Health Services, which offers many health-related services for faculty and staff.
- The Ergonomics@Work website provides information on how to prevent injuries resulting from ergonomic hazards, as well as information on back basics and healthy computing.
- The Staff Ombuds Office offers confidential, informal, neutral, and non-adversarial alternatives for the resolution of work-related problems and concerns.
- CARE Services provides free, confidential counseling, consultation, and referral for Berkeley faculty and staff.
- The Tang Center provides a wide range of counseling programs to help students with personal, academic, career, and health-related issues and crisis concerns.
Leaves of Absence
There may be times during your career at UC when you need to take a leave of absence. There are a number of types of approved leaves of absence: