To see a list of projects by this architect in an Excel spreadsheet, see the Project Index.
The firm of Howard & White was founded in 1909 by George Howard and John White, who had shared an office with Bernard Maybeck from 1907-1908 while working on numerous reconstruction projects after San Francisco’s 1906 earthquake. John White was the brother of Mark White, Maybeck's long term associate, and Annie White Maybeck. Little is known about George Howard.
|The Howard & White collection consists primarily of drawings and correspondence which document residential projects completed by the firm. Some photographs are also included. Within the collection are records pertaining to the Kohl residence “The Oaks” located in Hillsborough, CA, which was featured in the architectural periodical The Architect and Engineer.|
|Related Collection: Bernard Maybeck.|
Home || About the Archives || Using the Archives || List of Collections || Questions & Answers
News & Events || Donations || Outreach Programs || Location || Campus Architecture || Links || Site Index