CED Help Desk
CED Help Desk
Ask a question:
Loading knowledgebase suggestions...
PROBLEM 1: Installing WordPress on CED web servers:
Follow these instructions in order for WP installation to work correctly. Please use CPanel's installation of WordPress...
1. Get your web account - approval & information: Contact CED's Web Account Manager by going to CED's Help Desk:
& submit a ticket
2. After receiving your web account information through email, please note your URL web address that the web account manager has given you. This is important for setting up your WordPress correctly.
3. Login to CPanel (info in your web account info email) & scroll down > Click on "Fantastico" > Click on "WordPress" > Click "New Installation"
4. Install WordPress by following the instructions carefully. IMPORTANT: Ignore "Install on domain". Leave the "Install in directory" option BLANK (unless you know what you are doing). Remember what you set. For "Site name" put the exact URL web address that the web account manager has given you (without the
for example: ced.berkeley.edu/courses/sp11/la205
5. Great! WordPress has been installed!
6. Now: Edit WordPress Config for the site to work:
a. In the WP root folder, find: wp-config.php
b. Find line: $table_prefix = 'wp_';
c. Under this line, copy and paste these 2 lines:
define('WP_SITEURL', 'http://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '/kap/wind');
define('WP_HOME', 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . '/kap/wind');
d. On BOTH lines, REPLACE: '/kap/wind' -- with the end of your site's URL (after the root URL)
For example, if your URL was:
You would replace '/kap/wind' with '/courses/sp11/ldarch205' on both lines, and your site will work!
PROBLEM 2: IF problem RE-installing Wordpress in root from CPanel….
Error message: "You cannot install more than 1 script in the root directory of a domain"
a. In CPanel, search (search box in the upper right) for the hidden folder: "fantasticodata"
b. Edit file: "installed_in_root.php"
c. Remove the line of the domain in question.
Was this article helpful?
Web and network