CED Help Desk
CED Help Desk
Ask a question:
Loading knowledgebase suggestions...
Setting up bcal on iphone
Full article located at:
iPhone Setup for bMail and bCal
Author: Administrator, Created on: Jul 11, 2012 12:41 PM
These instructions will not work until July 23rd, when bCal goes into production.
First, you will need to log into bCal via the web to accept the Terms and Conditions and set the correct Time Zone. If this is not done prior to attempting to sync your mobile device, you will receive an error message. Please go to:
You will need to log in using your CalNet ID and passphrase. When you first log in, you will see Welcome to your new account. Click "I accept. Continue to my account". You will now see Welcome to Google Calendar! If the time zone is correct for you (should show Pacific Time), click "Set time zone".
Now you will need to create a new Google key, which you will store on your iPhone. To create a key, please see the KB article
Lets set up an iPhone with our new key.
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Press Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. iOS 4.0+ allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you're on a device that doesn't let you add a second account, you could also use CalDAVto sync Google Calendar and IMAP to sync Gmail.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username (firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password (your newly-created Key).
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
Enable Mail and Calendar
12. Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync. To receive and respond to meeting requests on your device, both Mail and Calendar need to be turned on, and New events needs to be enabled in your Google Calendar settings.
To enable 'New events', sign in to your Google Calendar using the web browser on your phone or computer. Go to Calendar Settings > Calendars > Click on the Notifications for the calendar you want to sync. Under Email check 'New events' (and any of the other Invitation settiSave.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the All Contacts group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the latter will happen -- the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.
You've set up Google Sync! Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Calendar, or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.
Using Google Calendar on your iOS (iPhone and iPad) device
With Google Sync enabled, you can do the following actions in Google Calendar using your iOS Calendar app:
-Create events and edit event details.
-Respond to meeting requests and update your attendee status.
-Change your Alert Reminder Time, e.g. "30 minutes before".
-See your list of pending invitations.
-When you’re invited to an event, it shows up as a ghosted entry in your calendar. If you choose Accept or Maybe, it changes to solid, and if you Decline, the event is removed.
-A popup appears on your device when you’re invited to a meeting. Pressing View Event allows you to see the event details and respond to the invitation.
To turn off this popup, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > New Invitations Alert and turn off the popup.
-When viewing meeting invitations in your iOS Mail app, the calendar icon at the bottom lets you view the event and update your attendee status.
-The badge on the Calendar app icon on your home screen updates with the number of pending invitations.
Was this article helpful?