- Several Interviews for
Various News Programs on Local Television and Radio Stations in the San
Francisco Bay Area, including KTVU-Channel 2, KPIX-Channel 5, and
KGO-Channel 7, 2004-2009.
- “Adabiyat” – Main Guest with host Gamal El-Ghitani on a
major television program of Nile Television, Cairo, Egypt, July 2008.
- "Searching for
the Lost Urban Wealth": A Symposium with Nezar Alsayyad
and Gamal Al-Ghitani in Akhbar Al-Adab, July 29 2007
- Invited plenary session moderator of “Spin and Journalism: An Uneasy Coexistence,” at the Annual Conference of the International Press Institute, Istanbul Turkey, May 2007.
- Seminar held in conjunction with and for Al-Akhbar an Egyptian daily
on Cities in the Middle East, June 2006
- “Hamas, la bomba radical que remece a Israel” by Pablo Soto Gonzalez.
El Mercurio, Chile, June 14, 2003.
- “Dritter Weltcrieg nach dem Muster eines Zusammenpralls der
Kulturen” Interview mit dem Nahost-Experten Prof. Nezar AlSayyad in
National & Zeitung, Germany, April 30, 2003.
- “Middle Eastern Studies: The New Push” in Aramco World, January/
February, 2003, pp. 2-13.
- “UC Berkeley Faculty Analyze Iraq War: Nezar AlSayyad on the War”
by Bonnie Azab Powell, Berkeleyan-Online, April 2, 2002.
- “Middle East 101: Q&A with Nezar AlSayyad, Chair of Berkeley’s
Center for Middle Eastern Studies” by Bonnie Azab Powell, Berkeleyan-
Online, October 15, 2002.
- “After September 11: The Faculty Reflects” California Monthly,
November , 2001, Vol. 112, No.2.
- “Aswan High Dam" & "The Suez Canal” Guest Appearance Modern
Marvels Program, HISTORY CHANNEL Productions, 2001.
- “A Blue Print for Egypt: It’s Past is Recreated” by Mary Rajkumar
Oakland Tribune, April 29, 1996, pp. 11&12.
- “Virtual Cairo: You can Tour the City in the 10th and 15th Century
with Professor AlSayyad’s Multimedia Project” by Kathleen Scalise,
Berkeleyan, April 17-23, 1996, p.3.
- “Planning and Planners in the Arab World.” A one hour television
interview in the program “Nadwa Thagafia - A Cultural Engagement,” Bahrain
Public Television, Bahrain, March 1995.
- “Adobe Comes into Its Own: The Mud Architecture of Professor AlSayyad”
by Kathleen Scalise, Berkeleyan, April 17-23, 1996, p 2.
- Akhtar Badshah, "First World: Third World" in Mimar, No. 38, 1991, pp.
- “Scholars to Discuss Environment: Large Campus Symposium to Focus on
Cultural Dwellings” in The Daily Californian, April 4, 1988