About the Scholarships: Study-Abroad Opportunities
The summer-travel scholarships offer a number of options for study abroad:
- An established study-abroad program with a focus on service-learning.
- Independent travel and study with a focus on service-learning related to one's major or minor programs of study.
- An approved foreign-language program abroad, with a self-directed service-learning experience.
- INTERNATIONAL HONORS PROGRAM • www.ihp.edu
Each program is designed to give students the opportunity to explore significant social, political and environmental issues using an innovative comparative approach. The comparative approach allows students to contrast and analyze thematic issues on a global scale. It exposes students to a wide range of communities and perspectives, requiring students to question assumptions and suspend judgments, while inquiring deeply around the thematic areas.
- INTERNATIONAL SERVICE LEARNING • www.islonline.org
ISL offers a variety of opportunities to travel, work with a community and perform a social service.
- CENTER FOR GLOBAL EDUCATION AT AUGSBURG COLLEGE • www.augsburg.edu/global
Since 1982, the Center for Global Education at Augsburg College, Minneapolis, has been providing quality cross-cultural educational opportunities in Latin America, Southern Africa and other sites around the globe.
- CROSS-CULTURAL SOLUTIONS • www.crossculturalsolutions.org
Cross-Cultural Solutions offers short-term international volunteer programs in 10 countries. Start dates are year-round, and programs run from one to twelve weeks.
- EAP SUMMER LANGUAGE AND CULTURE PROGRAM • eap.ucop.edu
Program locations include China, Denmark, Italy (Sienna), Korea, Mexico, Spain (Madrid), Sweden (Lund) and the United Kingdom (Sussex and Cambridge).
- FOUNDATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT • www.fsdinternational.org
FSD supports the efforts of grassroots development organizations in Latin America, East Africa and Asia that are working to better the communities, environments and economic opportunities around them. Through their programs, they aim to raise international awareness of the economic challenges in developing countries and support cross-cultural communities in finding more effective solutions to development issues.
- BERKELEY INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PROGRAM • http://summer.berkeley.edu/travelstudy
- GLOBAL EXCHANGE REALITY TOURS • http://www.globalexchange.org/tours/
- IHP CITIES IN THE 21ST CENTURY PROGRAM • http://www.ihp.edu/
- INTERCULTURALITY, INTERNATIONAL MIGRATION AND THE DIALOGUE BETWEEN CIVILIZATIONS BEFORE AND AFTER 9/11 (Universitat Rovira I Virgilli, Tarragona, Spain)
- INTERNATIONAL HONORS PROGRAM: Rethinking Globalization • http://www.ihp.edu/
- LEXIA ARCHITECTURE PROGRAM • http://www.lexiaintl.org/
- SAN GEMINI PRESERVATION STUDIES PROGRAM • http://www.sangeministudies.info/
- SIT STUDY ABROAD: Himalayan Buddhist Art and Architecture • http://www.sit.edu/studyabroad/sss_ina.htm
- SUMMER STUDY-ABROAD PROGRAM: Dutch Architecture, Landscape Design, Master Planning • http://www.cca.edu/academics/abroad
- UC DAVIS HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM • https://summer-abroad.ucdavis.edu/programs/current-programs/default.aspx?view=Topic
- WORLD ENDEAVORS • http://www.worldendeavors.com/