Students must satisfy the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- The scholarships are open to undergraduates majoring in architecture, landscape architecture or urban studies in the College of Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Applicants must have at least one semester remaining before graduation upon completion of the proposed travel.
- Applicants shall propose to enroll in a study-abroad program offered either by the University of California or by an APPROVED independent vendor of service-learning programs abroad (summer scholarships only).
- Applicants may combine formal and independent travel.
- An interview is required before travel takes place.
- All students must have accident and sickness coverage. Include proof of insurance in your application.
- JLS Travel Scholarships students are required to accept the University of California Waiver of Liability.
- A JLS Travel Scholarship may be awarded a maximum of two times to the same person.